Saturday, July 26, 2008

Grilled Bread


I finally made another batch of bread dough. Semolina this time because I didn't have any unbleached ap flour in the house (I know, how does one let these things happen?). We had Steve and Erica over for dinner so I wanted to try a little grilled bread for an appetizer. I took a few small pieces of dough, spread it out on a Silpat with a bunch of olive oil, sprinkled a few herbs and sea salt on the bread and plopped it down on a medium-hot grill. Close the lid, and flip it over in a few minutes. You can of course cover it with some precooked toppings, sauce and a little cheese and make quick and easy grilled pizzas. But tonight instead, I made a new pasta dish from a site I like a lot. The Velvety Broccoli and Feta Pasta was pretty good - broccoli, feta, lemon, parsley - what's not to like? We served it all with a good salad and a nice citrus-honey viniagrette. All in all a good meal, and of course great company!

No comments: