Friday, May 30, 2008

Healthy Whole Wheat Oat Loaf



I decided to make up my own recipe this time. I based it off a few different recipes in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, but used a bunch of different things I had on hand that sounded good and felt like they would make a substantial and healthy loaf of bread. I think it came out pretty well. A nice sour hint, soft crumb, decent crust and color. Not bad for a first experiment. I used a little starter, yeast, salt, honey, rye, whole wheat, oat bran, flax seeds, and whole oats. I think it will make nice sandwiches and it is plenty good with a touch of butter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The honey lent a little sweetness, the oats lent a little nostalgia for the oatmeal cookies of my childhood... yummy. Thank you for all of this wonderful baking, love. I love the food as much as the way-the-house-smells. Kisses, Ru

Danielle said...

Mmmm. I bet this smelled divine.

Yo, bro, let's see a photo of the basket in action . . . when you're ready!